Dear Tribal Members,
I have resigned from the Tribal Council of the Ouachita Cherokee of Cherokee Nation West. There were some things going on with which I did not agree. I have served the people. I have not tried to “take over” the group. I have donated money, fees, supplies and countless hours trying to get reinstatement. I had a real problem with our group not returning to Washington as we were supposed to do. I had another problem with one of the groups, that we badly needed, leaving Cherokee Nation West mainly because of two people from our group. All of you that emailed me and said that you felt there was something “off” about the Ouachita administration were right.
My problems began in 2015 before the election of Tribal Council members. The group that screened the applicants approved three people to run for Tribal Council. We even voted for the three to run during a Tribal Council meeting. Before the election, this group of people tried to stop one of the people from running, a man who already had been on the Tribal Council from the beginning in 2010. This man had resigned from the Tribal Council because he is a missionary and had to be out of the country for long periods. When his mission work was accomplished, he wanted to help with reinstatement. The main problem was that the people that were responsible for doing the election took a dislike to him because he spoke the truth in a manner that “offended” them. Anyway, this group of people voted against him being placed on the Tribal Council at the festival in a way that embarrassed many of us and embarrassed this man in front of his family. Because I protested their conduct and the way they were doing him, I was put on their “hit” list and made powerful enemies.
Since 2015, things have been difficult. I have intentionally kept a low profile at the last two festivals while trying to figure out exactly what was going on.
I have been serving as Clerk for Cherokee Nation West. I started questioning the actions of one of the Ouachita people. XXX had lied repeatedly in the Greater Council meetings of Cherokee Nation West. I spoke to the Ouachita Spokesperson. The Spokesperson kept saying that XXX’s statements were exaggerations. I told the Spokesperson that we, as a group and anyone representing us, had to be truthful and honest. Lies would reduce our credibility and cause us to not get reinstatement. I said that anyone that represented us had to be honest. This went on for months. After months, I told David Ratterree and the Spokesperson that I was going to tell the Ouachita Tribal Council what XXX was doing on Oct. 15 at the Closed Tribal Council meeting. A few of the things XXX was saying were:
1. At the signing of the Constitution, XXX refused to put on a ribbon shirt even though it was there, and I offered to get it . XXX told me and others that XXX was under medical study by a team of doctors because XXX had two hearts (a smaller new heart growing beside his heart) and was told that XXX would live to be 140 years old. (There are many witnesses to this statement.)
2. XXX said that there was a drive-by shooting at the radio station in Arkansas where XXX did a program. (Mr. Montgomery, who has a program at the station, said this never happened.)
3. XXX said that when XXX showed up for the radio show a group of 5 state senators from Little Rock showed up and took over the show. The story was really elaborated with a black senator bad mouthing the Republican governor, etc. (After a phone call, it was found out that members of a school board were in attendance with an old judge. They were there to discuss school issues, and as this station is a PBS station, they were given time.)
4. XXX said that sheriff’s deputies had invaded a sweat lodge and homes of the Springfield, Arkansas Cherokee and that they had packed their bags, left their homes and gone into hiding. (This never happened. Confirmed by the person trying to start the Springfield Cherokee and David Ratterree.)
5. XXX told the members of the Greater Council that Doyne Cantrell was sent to infiltrate/disrupt/destroy our group by the government and that he had millions of dollars at his disposal to accomplish this. (Not one word of truth. In fact, Doyne was instrumental in helping us to separate from Kuhkenydall’s group.)
6. XXX said in a Greater Council meeting that the Springfield, Arkansas, group had 7,000 applicants/members. (When the person trying to get a group started was contacted, he said the numbers were zero and zero. )
7. A member of another group gave XXX a thumb drive with important information for our group on it. XXX denied receiving it even though there were witnesses to the exchange. Now, XXX can’t find it and will look for it. That was months ago. (There were several witnesses to this.)
8. XXX and the Ouachita Spokesperson discussed information XXX had that included letters written for John Jolly. The Spokesperson saw a number of these letters. XXX said the letters were never on XXX’s computer. They contained information that would help us prove who we are even confirming the Spokesperson’s relative as being a part of the salt works. XXX knows how important these documents are, but XXX says XXX has lost them and can’t find them. XXX said that a link to these letters was sent to XXX by someone, but XXX can’t remember who sent them. I told XXX that something as important as those letters, you didn’t forget your source. XXX ignored me. XXX told me they came from a college in Minnesota. XXX told someone else that they came from a college in Nebraska. When pressed to get the information to me, XXX said that XXX would have to search through 30,000 to 40,000 emails on XXX’s computer to find the source, and XXX didn’t have time. (I am not a computer expert, but I believe this number of emails could not be stored on a laptop.) (I have spent hours and hours looking for these letters and calling different places trying to get information on them with no luck. XXX has them. The Spokesperson even said that he, himself, had looked at about 20 of these on XXX’s computer.)
9. At the last Greater Council meeting at Poteau, XXX was told to send me documents off XXX’s computer. During the meeting, XXX did send me the treaties that were on the thumb drive (that XXX had previously denied having) from a representative that was with another group. XXX said that XXX could not send me any other documents as there was no internet connection. (There was an internet connection that XXX had used in previous meetings. Debbi Ratterree, who attended the meeting, was on the restaurant’s WiFi while XXX was saying there wasn’t a connection. Also, documents can be sent without an internet connection, because XXX says he travels with his own Hot Spot.)
10. XXX said that his computer was hacked by the NSA in Maryland and that XXX was on their watch list. (I don’t know, but I seriously doubt that this happened. If XXX is on the NSA’s watchlist, XXX is not a person that should be working on reinstatement.)
11. XXX called the chief of another group and told him that David and Debbi Ratterree’s computers had been hacked and that our website had been hacked. (This did not happen.)
12. XXX called David and told him that the chief of another group’s computer had been hacked. (This did not happen. The chief had some problems with email, but his computer was not hacked.)
13. I asked XXX about the court case between CNW and the Corp of Engineers in OK. XXX said that we had won the case, and it was all done. I asked what our next steps should be as winning the court case proved who we were. When I pressed XXX about this, XXX said that we would do nothing right now. Nothing?? XXX called the Spokesperson and told him that the attorney had called XXX and told XXX that after we won the court case in OK, it was sent to the Court of Appeals in Colorado, and we won. The Court of Appeals had given us the task of preparing a document that would detail the spiritual rights of Native Americans and would be the standard for all Native American Tribes, recognized and unrecognized. I called XXX and asked him for the case number, documentation, etc. (I called XXX because by this time, I didn’t believe a word out of XXX’s mouth.) XXX said XXX would send it to me. I waited and never received anything from XXX, so I told the Spokesperson that I would call the courts and get the information. I contacted XXX and told XXX to never mind sending me anything as I would check with the Federal Court of Appeals in Colorado. (I spent several hours calling and waiting for return calls from the Federal Appeals Court in Colorado and was told the case was not on the docket, never had been, and no rulings were made on it.) I called the Spokesperson and told him this. Then, I called the attorney and asked about all this. The attorney said that we HAD NOT WON the case in OK and that it was ongoing and had not gone to Colorado. The attorney emailed me documentation. I later talked to the Spokesperson and the Spokesperson said that XXX had told him that XXX had misunderstood the attorney, who was talking to XXX while taking care of his kids. (XXX walked back the lie XXX told the Spokesperson. Mishearing something does not have that much detail. I firmly believe XXX lied about the whole thing, and then when I started to check on what XXX said, XXX got caught in this huge lie.)
14. People are being given wrong information and they are passing it on. I think XXX has given out some of this wrong information. For example, I believe that XXX told someone in the office that we had a senator in Arkansas to sponsor a bill for reinstatement for us. Not true! This information is about things that haven’t happened. It is a real problem because I am getting emails and having to disappoint people when I tell them the truth.
Anyway, David Ratterree and I, on October 15, at the festival, told the Tribal Council that we were concerned that the lies XXX was telling would harm our credibility on reinstatement. A statement was read and many at the meeting voiced their own concerns in regard to XXX. Otter said that we needed to pray for XXX. Many at the Tribal Council meeting spoke freely, even the Spokesperson. In fact, the Spokesperson stated in front of everyone there that the Spokesperson realized that something would have to be done about XXX, but not now because we needed XXX for the reinstatement process. XXX has done nothing toward returning to Washington in well over a year. When we were so close, why would XXX delay everything? (There are witnesses to the Spokesperson’s statement.)
I also spoke about the Ouachita’s nonprofit. I am not a member of the nonprofit, but I have done all the elections for the Board of Directors of the nonprofit. I said that I was concerned that no meetings were held during the year and that I had not been contacted to do an election. (The nonprofit board has to meet and decide on having an election and request that I start the process. A new Board of Directors HAS to be elected every year.) Not one word was said by the Elder Board or anyone else about what I brought up.
The Spokesperson turned David, Otter, and myself over to the Elder Board. Instead of the lies of XXX being investigated, David, Otter, and I were tried. David and I were tried for having the audacity to speak the TRUTH about XXX. Otter was tried because of the dislike of some members of the Elder Board. Not one word was said to XXX and even though XXX had a relative making decisions on the rest of us, that relative never excused himself on ethical grounds.
I want you to know that David, Otter, and I fought a hard fight. We were sent a letter from our judges that stated that we could never hold office in the Ouachita and could never have benefits if we were reinstated. We never were told the charges against us. The decision made by these “judges” left out two members of the group. The two members left out were never consulted or included in any discussion or decision. The reason these two were excluded was because they would have stood up for David, Otter and myself. Also, I repeatedly asked the so called “judges” to do a criminal background check on XXX as I had had several phone calls from people saying this seriously needed to be done. These “judges” would not do a criminal background check on XXX. I wonder why!
The action of this group was illegal because the Ouachita have no Constitution. In fact, I had urged them several times to correct that situation and write a Constitution. In fact, their decision was illegal on many grounds as it did not follow the Constitution of the Cherokee Nation West. (No one in the Tribe is supposed to hold two positions according to the Constitution of the Cherokee Nation West. So, why are three Clan Mothers on the Elder Board?) However, the only people that would step up and hold them to the truth were the three people that were “judged.”
As of now, my greatest concern is that the people of the Ouachita will be harmed by the actions of XXX and the ones helping him. I firmly believe that XXX had to get David, Otter and I out because we will not stand for anything that is not honest, and we are very vocal about it. I probably know too much from working for so long with Harold Aldridge. Also, I have heard that some sworn enemies of Harold’s may be coming into play.
I believe that XXX is perfectly capable of telling huge lies about Otter, David, and me. I have listened to XXX lie for years and believed those lies because I wanted to believe them. I am amazed that lies drip off XXX’s lips with such ease and believability. I will tell you now. I have never been involved with the CNO. I have never tried to “take over” the Ouachita. I have never worked for any group except the Ouachita and Cherokee Nation West. I have never taken money from anyone or any group. I, also, believe that XXX is capable of manufacturing “evidence” that is a lie.
The Tribal Council is decimated by the takeover of this other group. Also, I hear that some of the members of the Tribal Council are resigning because they are disgusted with what is happening in the group.
The lady who has worked in the office since 2010 is leaving. She is planning to move, and has other reasons for leaving the office. She worked first with June Wiles, and then later headed up the office.
If you call the office, you will be probably be talking to one of the “judges.” I would not trust anything they say.
I will keep you updated on things as they play out. If you have a question, email me. I will answer your questions. My greatest sorrow in this whole sorry mess is that so many of my relatives have joined this group because of me. My sincere apologies to all of you. I have been offered the chance to join two other groups. I will be making a decision on that soon. Later, I will send you the names, addresses, etc. of these other groups. I know them both to be honest and trustworthy.
One of the groups has asked me to pass on the information that he would gladly take applications from anyone in the Ouachita that is considering changing groups. I will get that to you later, if you want it. Also, David will be releasing a statement soon.
In summary, I believe that the Ouachita are totally dysfunctional because of greed, ignorance, and vindictiveness. It is my opinion that Tim Jones, Jim Jones, and Lyn Dilbeck are running the show with the aid of a small number of followers that are following through ignorance of what is really going on. In my opinion, with these people calling the shots, there will be no reinstatement. If reinstatement is achieved, there will be so many lawsuits from the large number of people that have been kicked out of the Ouachita that any reinstatement money will be tied up for years. It is my opinion, that the Spokesperson and Lyn Dilbeck and their followers will be dropped like hot potatoes when their usefulness is over. Also, it is my opinion that at some point in time the Mena office will be closed and the Ouachita will be connected to mortal enemies of Harold Aldridge.
There are some good people in the Ouachita that have put their faith in the administration and been betrayed and pushed to the background. I have had the feeling that there were hidden things going on since before the festival in 2015. I swear to you that everything that I have said is, to the best of my knowledge, true.
Annette Welch, Truth Speaker
I know this is a lengthy read, but I had to put it all out there.